We are Hiring: Peer Learning Graduate InternNews
University of Galway Students’ Union seeks a friendly, energetic and goal-oriented Graduate Intern to support its CÉIM academic peer learning programme. This is a varied role in which the successful candidate will be required to work closely with diverse partners including students and academic staff to help ensure the effective delivery of CÉIM.
CÉIM is an academic peer support scheme based on the Peer Assisted Study Sessions / Peer Assisted Learning (PASS/PAL) model. CÉIM supports 1st year students’ transition to higher education, health and wellbeing, academic success, progression and development of transferable skills. Delivered via a partnership between students, academic staff and the Students’ Union, CÉIM will be offered to approximately 2,000 or 50%+ of University of Galway 1st year students from September 2023. See further information on www.ceim.su.nuigalway.ie
The Graduate Intern will be employed by University of Galway Students’ Union on a fixed-term contract.
Contract duration: Mid-August 2023 – Mid-May 2024
Working days: Monday-Friday (7 hours per day)
Working location: University of Galway campus
Drawing on your experience of peer learning, you will:
- Provide support to individual student leaders and groups of student leaders.
- Research and develop new activity ideas for peer learning sessions.
- Provide hands-on support to leaders in peer learning sessions.
- Deliver lecture shout outs to promote session attendance and leader recruitment.
- Handle day-to-day tasks to ensure the smooth running of CÉIM.
- Provide general programme, IT and administrative support.
- Organise materials for student leaders, weekly meetings and training.
- Deliver training to student leaders as required.
- Attend and deliver weekly meetings with students and academic staff.
- Develop engaging social media and marketing content.
- Support the CÉIM Director, CÉIM Administrator and CÉIM Student Engagement Coordinator with various duties as they arise.
- A solid understanding of the CÉIM programme, and an interest in supporting students to make the most of their time at university.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- Experienced Microsoft Office user.
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident presenting to large groups.
- Friendly, professional and inclusive manner with the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Highly adaptable with a solution-oriented outlook.
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to deadlines and deliverables.
- The capacity to acquire new skills and apply them to the role.
Applications must include:
- Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the post and why you are interested in the post.
- Curriculum Vitae.
Applications via email to:
University of Galway Students’ Union
Closing date: Monday, 22 May 2023 5pm
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on: Wednesday, 31 May 2023 on Zoom