- The Grinds Register is on the SU Section of the YourSpace website.
- Past Exam Papers are all available online through the Past Exam Papers Database
- View exam-related pages:
- Exams FAQ
- Exam Supports
- Anonymous Marking – What you need to know
- SUMS (Support for Undergraduate Maths Support) Centre
- Academic Writing Centre
- Computer Programming Drop In Support Centre (DISC)
- Extra Study Space
- Book Group Study Rooms in the Library
- Exam Tips
- Deferring an Exam
- PC Suites Unavailable during Exams
EXAM TIME SIMPLE GUIDELINES
- Check your Personal timetable, make sure all your exams to be taken at this exam session are listed, if not contact the Student Registry Helpdesk
- Know the exact location, date and start time of your Exam, remember to check the Exams Amendments web page!
- If you have Exams in Salthill (Leisureland/Galway Bay Hotel) we have arranged a bus service with City Direct.
- Be there on time, at least 20 mins before the Exam starts & look up your seat no. when you arrive. Any delay in seating may cause unwanted stress and/or disruption in your exam.
- Make sure you bring your ID card with you and place it on your desk during your exam for inspection. If you do not present your current ID card you will be fined €25. If you have misplaced or lost your ID card, you can get it replaced at the Student Registry Helpdesk, Áras Uí Chathail for a fee of €20 they will be open early during exams.
- Powered off mobile phones can now be brought in to the Exams Venues
- You can enter the Exam Venue up to 1 hour after the exam has started but you don’t get any extra time
- If you take permitted material into the exam venue with you, make sure it’s free of notes or indentations writing or notes. Students in some exams are permitted to bring books such as legal texts in with them, but consult with your lecturer first.
- Make sure you take the correct exam paper
- If you have questions about the Exam paper ask the invigilator
- You can’t leave the Exam Venue for the first hour or the last 30 mins of the exam
- You have to hand all the answer books, even those used for rough work. You will not be allowed to leave the examination hall with any answer book.
- If you feel unwell during an exam, tell the invigilator
- Visiting Students are not entitled to extra time
- Ear plugs are available in the Students’ Union shop and are a good accessory to help concentration in the exam hall.
- You must remain seated until your exam script has been collected
If you’re having problems with study or any education related issues contact the Education Officer
If you’re stressed and need someone to talk to or just someone to listen contact the Welfare and Equality Officer
For all exam related queries check out the Exams Office website