Consent Week | An tSeachtain Toilithe
Monday 5th February | Dé Luain an 5 Feabhra
- Consent Week Art Exhibition Entry Deadline email email@example.com
Tuesday 6th February | Dé Máirt an 6 Feabhra
- 13:00-15:00 FREE Rapid HIV and Syphilis Testing with Sexual Health West in The Space upstairs in Áras na Mac Léinn. No appointment required.
Wednesday 7th February | Dé Céadaoin an 7 Feabhra
- 13:00-14:00 Digital Intimacy Workshop with Active* Consent. In person workshop in The Space upstairs in Áras na Mac Léinn. Free event, limited spaces. More info + sign up HERE.
Thursday 8th February | Déardaoin an 8 Feabhra
- 10:00-14:00 Disclosure Training | Oiliúint Nochta – In person Workshop with Galway Rape Crisis Centre in The View (John Broderick Room) upstairs in Áras na Mac Léinn. Book HERE
- 19:30 Sex Toy Bingo at Sult | Biongó Bréagán Gnéis i Sult. SOLD OUT!
Friday 9th February | De hAoine an 9 Feabhra
- 18:00 Consent Week Art Exhibition The Corrib Room at Sult
ALL WEEK | An tseachtain ar fad
- Guess How Many Condoms are in the Jar | Tomhais Cá Mhéad Coincíní atá sa Chrúsca
- Get FREE condoms and lube from the SU Office (while stocks last)
- Book your FREE STI Test with the Student Health Unit on 091 494 337
- Order your free at home STI Test (if you have no symptoms) at http://sh24.ie
More information from | Tuilleadh eolais ar fail ó firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Galway Students’ Union Launches Consent Week
University of Galway Students’ Union are running a series of events to mark their annual Consent Week which starts on the 6th of February. These events, in partnership with Active* Consent, will look at key issues impacting on the Sexual Health and Wellbeing of students. There will be workshops, STI testing clinics and a sold out charity Sex Toy Bingo event.
The Active* Consent workshop will be looking at Digital Intimacy – a common part of modern relationships. The workshop empowers students with the knowledge and skills to navigate digital intimacy in a consensual way, while also highlighting the challenges that digital intimacy can pose. The Disclosure Training event with Galway Rape Crisis Centre provides participants with the skills and knowledge to deal appropriately with a disclosure of sexual violence
Students’ Union Vice-President/Welfare and Equality Officer Izzy Tiernan said: “We have some great workshops and events coming up this week for Consent Week. Students’ Unions and Universities need to take a strong lead in ending the culture of victim blaming as sexual violence and harassment are still prevalent issues in today’s world. Consent is Ongoing, Mutual and Freely Given – this is the core message of the University of Galway Active* Consent programme.”
Students’ Union President Dean Kenny added: “We hope that our Consent week events will encourage our students to take a responsible attitude to sexual health and healthy relationships. We still have a long way to go in Irish society in terms of breaking down the taboo of talking about sex. We want our students to be educated about their sexual rights.”