Easter Holiday Arrangements 2015
- Lectures/Teaching: There will be no lectures/teaching on the following dates: Monday 30th March, Tuesday 31st March, Wednesday 1st April, Wednesday 8th April, Thursday 9th April & Friday 10th April. Easter Holidays are Thursday 2nd April to Tuesday 7th April inclusive. Please note that students of the school of Medicine, Nursing & Health Science should consult their school calendar here.
- Field Trips: Field Trips where relevant will take place between Monday 30th March-Wednesday 1st April and Wednesday 8th April-Friday 10th April.
- James Hardiman Library: The Library will be closed Friday 3rd April-Monday 6th April inclusive.
- The Reading Room: The Reading Room will be open as usual over the Easter.
- Student Health Unit: The Health Unit will be closed Thursday 2nd April-Tuesday 7th April inclusive.
- Students’ Union Office: The Students’ Union Office will be closed Thursday 2nd April-Tuesday 7th April inclusive.
- Students’ Union Cloakroom: The Cloakroom will close at 18:30 on Friday 27th March and will reopen at 09:00 on Monday 13th of April
- Students’ Union Engineering Desk: The Engineering Desk will close at 15:00 on Friday 27th March and will reopen at 11:00 on Monday 13th of April
- The College Bar: The Bar will be closed Friday 3rd April-Monday 6th April inclusive. Tuesday 7th April-Friday 10th April 10.30-18.30. Monday 13th of April normal hours resume.
- The College Bar Carvery: Tues 7th-Fri 10th April inclusive closed. Mon 13th April normal hours resume.
- The College Bar Coffee Dock: Tues 7th-Fri 10th April inclusive 08:30-15:00
- The College Bar Deli/Pizza (serving 1 Hot Dinner Option): Tues 7th – Fri 10th April 11:00-15:00. Mon 13th April normal hours resume. Please note there will be no evening pizzas Tues 7th-Fri 10th April.
- Smokey’s Café: Weds 1st April 08:30-20:00, Thurs 2nd April 09:00-17:00, Closed Fri 3rd April-Mon 6th April inclusive, Tues 7th April-Fri 10th April 08:30-20:00. Sat 11th & Sun 12th April 09:00-17.30.
- Caife na Gaeilge: Closed Thursday 2nd April – Friday 10th April inclusive. Monday 13th April normal hours resume.
- The Hub: Closed Monday 30th March-Friday 10th April inclusive. Monday 13th April normal hours resume.
- The SU Shop: Weds 1st April 08:00-21:00, Thurs 2nd April 08:00-21:00, Closed Fri 3rd April-Mon 6th April inclusive
- The Wall Café: Weds 1st April 08:00-20:00, Thurs 2nd April 08:00-20:00, Fri 3rd April 09:00-17:00, Sat 4th April 09:00-17:00, Mon 5th April 09:00-17:00, Tues 6th April 08:00-21:00
- Academic Writing Centre: Closing for Eater on Friday 27th March and re-opening on Monday 13th April.
NUI Galway Students’ Union Part Time Officer Election & Referenda Results 2015
RESULT: Equality Officer
Heaney, Richard: 66
Maher, Ciarán: 155
Molloy, Ciara: 121
Ryan, Catherine: 384
Re-Open Nominations: 21
Catherine Ryan Deemed Elected.
RESULT: Postgraduate Officer
Total Poll: 43
Moran, Cian: 34
Re-Open Nominations: 8
Cian Moran Deemed Elected.
RESULT: Societies Chairperson
Total Poll: 17
O’Flaherty, Patrick 15
Re-Open Nominations: 2
Patrick O’Flaherty Deemed Elected
RESULT: Oifigeach na Gaeilge
Costello, Lucy: 673
Re-Open Nominations: 78
Lucy Costello Deemed Elected
RESULT: Convenor of the College of Business, Public Policy and Law
Gaffney, Niall: 53
Hegarty, Ciara: 25
Reilly, Darren: 1
Reilly, Sean: 24
Niall Gaffney Deemed Elected
RESULT: Convenor of the College of Engineering & Informatics
Coleman, Ryan 18
Kerrane, Kate 66
Newell, David 70
Shirley, Lydia 23
Ron, Shirley & Coleman eliminated
Newell, David 90 (+20)
Kerrane, Kate 76 (+10)
David Newell deemed elected.
RESULT: Convenor of the College of Science
Gallagher, Ronan 22
Regan, Brian 43
Ward, Tara 109
Tara Ward Deemed Elected
RESULT: Convenor of the College of Arts, Social Sciences & Celtic Studies
Murphy, Kevin 140
Murphy, Kevin 143 (+3)
Shaw, Jasmine 148 (+1)
Jasmine Shaw deemed elected
RESULT: Clubs’ Captain
Total Poll: 6
Myers, Joss: 2
Re-Open Nominations: 4
Nominations for this position will be reopened.
RESULT: Referendum on Constitutional Amendment proposed by Students’ Union Executive Committee
Do you agree with the following constitutional amendment which has been proposed by the Students’ Union Executive Committee:
At Article 17.C replace “Students Union Executive” with “the Board of Trustees as members of the Company”.
Delete Article 17.D in its entirety and re-designate the subsequent sub-articles accordingly.
At the end of the current Article 17.E (to be re-designated 17.D) insert the following new provision:
“Once deemed elected, the incoming President of the Students’ Union shall be a non-voting attendee at the Board of Directors until s/he commence his/her term of office as President.”
Yes / Tá 554
No / Níl 180
David O’Doherty gig IMPORTANT UPDATE
So unfortunately David has to go over to America and teach a Zumba class in the White House BUT the show must go on so we have the wonderful Al Porter, who just sold out 3 nights in Vicar Street, in as a very able, funny, David O’Doherty replacement.
Anyone who already bought a ticket for the gig can use it for the Al Porter show which will be on same time/date/venue OR you can get a full refund from the SU Office Monday-Friday 10am-5pm (up until 1pm on Monday 13th April)
Tickets for Al Porter are €5 for 8pm Monday 13th April in the O’Flaherty Theatre.
David will be back to us in September to play an apology show.
Saint Patrick’s Day: Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh!
Please note that the following will be closed on Tuesday 17th March 2015 for the Saint Patrick’s Day Bank Holiday:
- The SU Office
- The SU Cloakroom
- The SU Shop
- The Student Health Unit
- The James Hardiman Library
- The College Bar
- Caife na Gaeilge
- The Hub
- The SU Engineering Desk
- Smokey’s Café
The Reading Room will be open as usual. The Wall Café will be open with reduced hours.